Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The details

What an exciting week. On Monday the intended mother had her egg retrieval and they were able to get 10 eggs, 7 of which were mature.  Then 5 of those took the sperm and were fertilized.  They are not checking the little embryos today to see how they are doing but will again tomorrow.  The transfer will either be tomorrow (Thurs) or Saturday.  From what I understand, if the embryos are doing well in the lab then they will give them 2 more days to continue to divide so they can see which 2 become the best embryos.  If they do not look like they are doing as well then they will do the transfer tomorrow to go ahead and get them into their natural environment.

I will start my drive tomorrow morning to Raleigh at about 7 and wait to hear from the embryologist.  If they would prefer to do the transfer tomorrow then I will continue my trip, otherwise I will turn around and head back home and go on Saturday morning.  Before the transfer I have an acupuncture appointment.  The fertility clinic has seen better success with their patients who have done acupuncture so at the intended parent's request I will try it.  I am actually excited as it is something I have wanted to do but could not ever bring myself to try!

Today is my last day of non-pregnant Casey...CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment