Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a go!

Last night we finally signed the contract!  It has been a very stressful work in progress but at least it is finally done.  The intended parents came to our house and had a notary come so that we could all sign the contract at once.  It was great to see them again as we are all excited for the things that will happen in the coming weeks, hopefully ending with that positive pregnancy test. Once again the kids had a great time and I like seeing that they have a friendship too.

The intendend mother had her first ovary scan on Wednesday and then her second on Saturday.  She got the word on Saturday that it is time for the egg retrieval.  Her appointment was this morning and they were able to get 10 eggs.  While not the best number that they could retrieve, hopefully they are good quality eggs.  Today/tonight they will fertilize the eggs and then watch them as they begin to divide and become embryos.  As the week goes on it will be exciting to hear about how well they are all doing.

Now that the eggs have been retrieved the transplant will happen on either Thursday or Saturday.  Of course I am hoping for Saturday so Tim can stay home with my kids and I don't have to bother anyone else with my kids.  I am waiting for the phone call from the clinic today to get a better idea of when the transfer will be.

I can not believe that I will be pregnant in less then a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment