Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finally some good news!

After 2 weeks waiting for the IM's cyst to go away or even get smaller it was half it's size at her ultrasound on Monday.  So, this weekend she gets to start taking her medicines which will stimulate her overies to release more eggs so they can get ready for the egg retrevial.  We are now 2 weeks behind the original schedule putting the transfer somewhere around the 3rd to the 8th of February.  Hopefully nothing else delays us and we will be full steam ahead!

I have gotten to reduce the amount of Lupron I am taking but had to start with Vivelle patches.  The patches are a little bothersome and caused some irritation when I removed the first set of them.  All of the prep work can not end too soon, I would rather just deal with the pregnancy side effects:)

A question that was brought up at Bunko the other night was whether I will have to pay taxes on the money we receive from the surrogacy.  After doing a little research (and I mean only read a page or two on the internet), as long as the contract wording states that the money is for pain and suffering while pregnant then it should not be taxable.  I did go back and look at the wording on our contract and it looks like we should be fine as that is exactly how it reads.  Definitely glad that was brought to my attention as would not have even thought about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment