Thursday, January 12, 2012

What a wonderful night!

I just got home from a wonderful night with friends at our monthly bunko (or just girls night out as it usually ends up being a night to catch up and not a night of games, but Bunko Night sounds much better!)  I was inspired to catch up on my blog as I have been very bad at it all, I will do better...can't get much worse though can it?

It was so refreshing to get this surrogacy out.  After thinking about it for years, it is awesome to finally be able to tell people about what I am doing.  It was also great to hear so many positive comments from the other moms.  It was so funny how fast our game night ended when I said I could not host Bunko until November so I could enjoy the night (not have to worry about drinking and driving) and the conversation all turned to me with questions regarding the surrogacy.  I definately did not mind as this is such a foreign concept for most people and I know that if I am still learning about the process and others don't know much either.  Maybe my story will inspire someone else to do this for another couple/family in need.

But, we have had 2 weeks of bad news.  The intended mother found out that she has a cyst 2 weeks ago that has delayed things at least 2 weeks.  With this cyst she is unable to take the medicine needed to do the egg donation.  Without the egg donation we are unable to make the embryos which will be implanted to get me pregnant.  They think that the cyst will begin to shrink since her estrogen level is low, and the cyst needs estrogen to live, so I will keep praying for good news on Monday.  She did acupuncture today so maybe that and the low estrogen (and a few good prayers) will shrink this cyst so we can begin the good stuff on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment