Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not too bad

A late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  My New Years resolution is to do better writing in this blog so we will see how I am able to do with that!

I am 2 weeks into the injectable Lupron and it is all going well.  No major side effects except for a few nights where I experienced night sweats.  Nothing serious and that I can't handle.  I am very anxious to get this all started and to see the positive pregnancy test!

I had a busy day yesterday.  I had to go to the fertility clinic in Charlotte to get my monitoring done.  I got there at 7 for bloodwork and then an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, done by 7:30 so that was great.  All looks good and we would have been progressing to the next phase but found out the intended mother has a fibroid so things will be delayed at least a week before she can start her medicine for the egg retrieval.  They check her again next monday and either give the go ahead or will have to drain it before continuing.  I am feeling ok about things getting pushed back but am ready to just keep moving forward. 

Tim and I also had to go back to Greensboro again yesterday to meet with the psychologist with the intended parents.  It was kind of a worthless meeting but one that was required by the fertility clinic so we did it.  It was good seeing them again and I am glad Tim got to talk to them again as he had not seen them since the time they came to Charlotte to meet us.  The psychologist just kept trying to get more from us in what our expectations are for this "open" surrogacy (where we both want to keep in touch after the baby is born).  We are not sure what this will ultimately look like and how much we will see/talk to each other but we both know that it is something that we both want to happen.  I can't fathom how other surrogates can carry a baby for 9 months to say goodbye and never hear anything else about the baby.  I guess only time will tell to how things end up.




No comments:

Post a Comment