Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One week post baby

I am almost beginning to feel normal again.  I have had a remarkably easy recovery which I have to attribute to the sleep I am able to get:)  It is much easier for the body to recover from childbirth when it is not getting up all hours of the night to feed a baby!

I suffered through the first 2 days of pumping and finally got my milk in on Wednesday morning.  It still hurts to pump, mainly at the beginning, but it is definitely more bearable now.  I was supposed to pump until Sunday, which I did, pumping every 3-4 hours.  I now have the fun job of getting rid of my milk.  The intended parents asked if I would continue to pump this week to help them a little longer to see if her milk would come in.  I am continuing to give them milk (was already planning on it) while I try to slowly wean.  I have cut back to 3 pumpings a day (morning, 2pm and bedtime).  I will do this tomorrow and maybe Thursday too then will cut back to just morning and night.  I will probably have to resort to the cabbage leaves next week sometime!  I am trying to take it slow but also want to be 100% done by the first week of February as I would rather not take the pump to Disney;)

Things between the intended parents and I have been much better this last week.  I was kind of expecting this and am glad it is happening!  The intended father is here every 48 hours to get milk and the intended mother and I email or text almost every day.  We are waiting on one last check (slight oversight on their part) and then all the contractual stuff will be done and we will be able to just be families connected by a little baby.  This little princess finally got a name last Thursday, Natalie:)

I hope to be able to see and hold her one day in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment