Monday, January 14, 2013

37 Week Appointment

I guess I should go ahead and write this post first to keep everything in line.  Last Wednesday I had my 37 week appointment.  It was pretty uneventful as appointments go (or have gone recently!)  My midwife offered to check me to see if I have progressed at all so decided to take her up on it.  I have been having a lot of braxton hicks in the days before and we interested in seeing where I stood...yes, I know that dilation or no-dilation does not indicate when someone will go into labor.  Even though, I was excited to hear that I was 3 cm and a little thinned out.  The rest of the appointment was pretty standard, heartbeat sounded good and measuring 36 weeks.  My strep B test was negative which is a positive too.  Having Strep B does not make it so you can't deliver at the birth center but there are a few more complications regarding getting the antibiotics in and also when the baby would need to be seen at the pediatrician's office.

I think that the intended parents still have some distrust for me, not sure why, as I would not have done this without the best intentions in mind.  Who would subject themselves to 9 months of heck on their body if they did not believe in the reason they were doing it??

2.5 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment