Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Here we go again...

As I have warned most of you, I am a horrible blogger.  I am sorry for not keeping this up to date.  I will do my best to keep at it at least once a week from here on out.  Not much happened after we finally got the intended parents convinced that my 2.5 HCG levels did not mean a pregnancy.  Still no answer why I had a level at all but from what I read, it is normal to have a level below 5 and not be pregnant.

It would  have taken about 5 weeks to get back ready for a transfer but doing that would have put the due date right around Dec 26/27 which is something that neither of us wanted.  If possible I would not prefer to spend my Christmas morning in the hospital (even now it is a possibility).  We delayed things another month making it a late January due date, January 27th to be exact.  So if both embryos stick it could still likely be a December birthday, but we had to take our chances with that. 

The drugs are a little different this time around as I did not have to do the 2 weeks of Lupron at the start.  All I have had to do so far is 1.5 weeks of the patches.  The big progesterone shots start on Saturday:(  I have had to make 2 trips to REACH for monitoring but nothing too bad.  They have the system worked out very efficiently and we feel like nothing more then cattle as we cycle through the office!  I am able to be in line when they open at 7, have my blood drawn and ultrasound completed and out of there by 7:30, in time to get back home so Tim can go to work.

The transfer is now on Friday, May 11 and I am ready to know if this is it or not.  Not really the birthday present I would have thought I was getting for my 33rd birthday but oh well!  Goodbye until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment