Friday, May 18, 2012

"Unofficial" results

If you can call a home pregnancy test unofficial, but I would say a double line is a double line! I tested on Tuesday just for fun and it was negative but yesterday the double line came up pretty fast. I had not really been given the go-ahead to test so I never said anything about the negative but couldn't keep good news in! I sent the intended mother a picture of the double lines with the word "surprise". Apparently she did not have her phone with her all morning so did not see it till after lunch, I was starting to get worried they were mad at me for testing! But quite the contrary, they were elated.

The fertility doctor called later in the afternoon to offer congrats and to let me know I could move up the. Loos test to today but since we could not get the request over to REACH I will just go on Monday. They will take hcg and progesterone levels on Monday, then again on Wednesday to see how the levels are increasing. I am just ready to get done with the fertility clinics and to go see my midwife.

I am already feeling the difference from carrying my own children. There is a disconnect with this thing growing inside me (still unbelievable that someone else's child has such a connection to me) and being pregnant is just a job I am doing. It will be interesting to see how the feelings will differ through this whole process.

36 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment