Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Welcome 3rd Trimester!

It is official. I am in the 3rd trimester.  I am still feeling great but starting to get to the "uncomfortable" stage.  And to be honest, it is not so much uncomfortable but more the fact that I am losing the ability to bend over so well and now have the feeling that the baby is in my chest cavity (which she probably is!)

We had another appointment last Thursday and it went very fast and smooth, even with the dreaded glucose test.  My office is a no news is good news kinda place and I have not heard that I have failed so I can only assume that all is good news:)

I did bring up the need to come up with a "birth" day plan.  I feel like I am a pretty flexible person and we have done a lot to work with the intended parents but having another man, besides my husband, watch me give birth is not something that I think I can be flexible with!  I saw the pools in the labor rooms when I did the tours but never put much thought into using them during my labor. but my midwife said that 90% of the moms give birth that way.  I figured that I have had 3 births without water I can do another without but now I am thinking I should take this opportunity and see what all the fuss is about:)  Laboring and birthing in the pool might also enable me to feel more comfortable with the intended father being in the room since I will be hidden in the water.  The midwife said that even sitting next to the pool that she can't see anything in the water...and he would be nowhere close to the pool!  Such things to think about and decide!!

Since my last post we had to say good-bye to our sweet dog Dakota.  It was a tough day but something that needed to be done for her comfort.  We were lucky to have her in our family as she was such a wonderful dog to us and especially the kids.  I could not have asked for a better family dog!

Happy 4th Birthday to my sweet little girl!  How fast they grow up:(

10.5 weeks to go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment